Vasuda Sharma, a singer and songwriter, rose to fame with her stint as the youngest member of India's first millennial pop band ‘Aasma’ that surfaced when reality music hunts were the in thing. Her music is a blend of Indian classical & folk music with western contemporary music.
Vasuda's musical voyage began in 2003 when she was handpicked by Channel [V], setting her on an exhilarating path as part of the iconic Indian pop band 'Aasma.' The band's chart-toppers, including Chandu Ke Chacha and Tumse Hi Pyar, catapulted her to fame. Vasuda went on to perform in college and corporate gigs while venturing into the realm of Bollywood as a music composer. However, her desire to enrich her musical knowledge and creativity led her to study at the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Her debut as a music director in the Bollywood movie ‘Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu’ garnered her a lot of appreciation with songs sung by Jagjeet Singh & Shankar Mahadevan.
Driven by her profound passion for music and years of honing her songwriting, Vasuda ventured into a solo career with a vision that set her apart in the Indian music landscape. She is a one woman band where she does a bit of beatboxing, makes her own music live & sings her compositions over it.
Vasuda released her debut album, 'Attuned Spirits,' a groundbreaking musical endeavour that intertwined Indian raag elements with a soulful essence of rock. The album, a pioneer in India's crowdfunding music projects, was a resounding success.
She was the one chosen to represent India in the ‘Berlin Popkomm Festival 2010’ held in Germany.
Vasuda has come a long way since winning a TV show as today she is an independent singer and composer who has found her niche in the industry. Ever the maverick, Vasuda Sharma continuously seeks to push boundaries and explore uncharted territories. Her unyielding passion for experimentation led her to master the art of live looping, an electronic wizardry seldom witnessed among solo female artists in India.
Vasuda Sharma makes for a captivating live performer, known for her powerful vocals and skillful live looping, delivering an unforgettable musical experience that leaves audiences spellbound.
Some Popular Tracks
- All Izz Well
- Main Agar Kahoon
- Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
- Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Suraj Hua Maddham
- Sandese Aate Hai
- 3 Idiots
- Om Shanti Om
- Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna
- Kal Ho Na Ho
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham
- Most Popular Radio Song- - Global Indian Music Academy Awards (GIMA)
- Best Male Playback Singer- Annual Central European Bollywood Awards
- Best Male Playback Singer- Bollywood Music and Fashion Awards
- Best Male Playback Singer- Filmfare Award Best Male Playback Singer- Producers Guild Film Award Best Male Playback Singer- National Film Award Best Male Playback Award- International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) Best Male Playback Singer- Bollywood Music Award
- Best Male Playback Award-International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) Best Male Playback Singer-Filmfare Award
- Best Playback Singer-Zee Cine Award Best Male Playback Award- International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA)
- Best Male Singer-Sansui Viewers' Choice Award, Best Playback Singer – Male Zee Cine Awards,