Famously known as the vicious antagonist ‘Bhallaldeva’ from the record breaking franchise Baahubali, Rana Daggubati is a splendid actor and producer primarily known for his Telugu, Hindi and Tamil language films.
Started with B.Com but dropped out after 2 months, Rana enrolled into a photography course in Chennai and on returning to Hyderabad, he modeled for a few ads. While assisting at the studio he learnt about the 3D camera and along with his father set up a visual effects DI unit in Hyderabad, where he worked for 5 years.
Later, he co-produced a festival film called A Belly Full of Dreams (2006) in Telugu that won a National Award, which made him interested in joining films.
As a kid, he was blind from his right eye and used to see only with his left eye. Later, he got operated and was cured.
Rana debuted as an actor in Telugu with the movie Leader (2010) which became one of his highest grossers and won him two awards. He made his Hindi film Debut with the movie Dum Maaro Dum alongside Bipasha Basu and was highly appreciated, deemed as a ‘dashing debut’ by The Times of India.
His next movie Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum alongside Nayanthara turned out to be a huge success and he received critical acclaim.
In 2015, he starred alongside Akshay Kumar and Tapsee Pannu in the movie Baby but it was Baahubali that made him immensely popular worldwide. His performance in both Baahubali: The Beginning(2015) and Baahubali: The Conclusion(2017) as the lead antagonist marked him as an exceptional actor and also won awards for the same.
In 2017, he did India's first underwater Telugu-Hindi bilingual film, Ghazi based on the mysterious sinking of PNS Ghazi during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 where he shot for 18 days in the underwater. His performance was praised by the critics.
Rana has starred in a web series called Social and is the host of the Telugu Television talk-show No. 1 Yaari. He also dubbed for the famous character Thanos in the Telugu dubbed version of Avengers: Infinity War.
He inaugurated a learning facility for visual arts, performing arts, vedic science, and ethics in Hyderabad in March 2019.
Before foraying into acting Rana started his own production company, Spirit Media. His company, Ramanaidu Studios is one of India’s largest integrated production powerhouses offering production.
Awards and Accomplishments
Awards and Accomplishments
- ‘Best Debut Actor’ at CineMAA Award for Leader in 2011.
- ‘Best Debut Actor’ at Apsara Awards for Dum Maaro Dum in 2012.
- Won the ‘Best Actor Critics Award’ for Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum at SIIMA – Telugu in 2013.
- ‘Best Performance by an Actor in a Negative Role’ at SIIMA – Telugu, ‘Best Villain’ at Nandi Awards, ‘Best Performance In A Negative Role’ at Telugu Cinema for Baahubali: The Beginning in 2016.
- ‘Best Performance by an Actor in a Negative Role’ at SIIMA – Telugu and ‘Best Supporting Actor’ at Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry for Bahubali 2: The Conclusion in 2018.
- Co-owner of Hyderabad FC, a local professional football team in 2019.
- Rana launched a men’s grooming platform named DCRAF in association with Roposo in 2022.
Why Rana Daggubati ?
Rana Daggubati is not only a versatile actor but also a great producer and entrepreneur. His vision in the industry as an actor and producer has been very keen on doing quality work. He is credited with having transformed the evolution of the digital post production landscape in South India. From his fight with blindness to becoming a renowned name around the world, Rana with his work has inspired and won millions of hearts, carving a niche for himself in the film industry.