Randeep Hooda, a renowned actor, made his film debut with Monsoon Wedding which received an Oscar Nomination, is also an equestrian, a guest columnist and also works for social causes.
Randeep has previously acted in numerous stage plays namely Kali Shalwar Aur Kuchchh Kahaniyan, To Teach His Own, & Arms & The Man. He made his theatrical debut as a writer, adapting Lee Blessing's A Walk in the Woods into an Indian context.
Randeep did business management from Melbourne and on returning was working in a company while subsequently he started modeling and working in amateur theater.
Post Monsoon Wedding, Randeep rose to fame with his movie Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster alongside Mahie Gill and Jimmy Shergill, and his performance was highly appreciated.
In 2014, he acted in the biographical period film Rang Rasiya, based on the life of the 19th-century Indian painter Raja Ravi Varma and in Highway with Alia Bhatt.
Randeep starred in Omung Kumar's biographical drama Sarbjit, where he portrayed the role of Sarabjit Singh, who was captured by Pakistan and later sentenced to death for alleged terrorism. He lost eighteen kg of weight in 28 days for the preparation of the role and was praised by the critics. The film premiered at the 69th Cannes Film Festival.
In 2009, he was a guest contributor to ‘In The Script’, a column published by Asian Correspondent, a news website and also began writing a blog for Hindustan Times in 2011.
In 2020, Randeep made his Hollywood debut with the American action-thriller film Extraction starring Chris Hemsworth and Goldshifteh Farahani.
Randeep who regularly participates in professional equestrian sports, including polo and show jumping also owns few horses as well. He owns a Polo team named Royal Roosters.
His notable work includes films namely Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, Kick, Sarbjit, Sultan, Baaghi 2, Bombay Talkies, Cocktail, among others.
Awards and Accomplishments
Awards and Accomplishments
- Randeep Won the Lions Gold Awards as ‘Favorite Actor in a Supporting Role’ for Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai.
- He won the ‘Best Actor Award’ at Stardust Awards for the movie Highway in 2014.
- He won the ‘Best Actor in a Negative Role’ at Stardust Awards for Main Aur Charles in 2015.
- He received a ‘Special Mention’ at FOI Online Awards and ‘Best Actor (Jury)’ at Jagran Film Festival for Sarbjit.
- Randeep won silver medals at the Delhi Horse Show in 2009 and at the Mumbai Horse Show in 2011.
- He won three gold, two silver and two bronze at the National Equestrian Championship in 2014.
- He won a silver medal at the National Equestrian Championship in 2019.
- Randeep has been featured in popular magazines such as Stardust, Cine Blitz, Femina and Filmfare.
Why Randeep Hooda ?
Randeep Hooda, a star in his own right, is known for playing very distinctive characters and has already given some amazing performances in the past. His trajectory has been really fascinating, going from a business school to modeling and finally an actor. Randeep is a versatile actor and with his contribution has developed his own niche in Bollywood.