Taapsee Pannu, an actor best known for her female-centric films, outspoken persona, and ground-breaking performance in Pink is an engineer-turned-actor who has been giving challenging performances ever since.
She made her debut with the Telugu film Jhummandi Naadam in 2010 and then entered Tamil cinema with the critically and commercially acclaimed Aadukalam in 2011. She has worked with the biggest south stars like Mammootty, Prabhas & Ajith Kumar.
Taapsee debuted in Bollywood in 2013 with the comedy film Chashme Baddoor, which emerged as a sleeper hit followed by the film Baby as a supporting actor in 2015.
It was Shoojit Sircar’s courtroom drama Pink that led her to a lot of appreciation. The film and Taapsee’s performance received positive reviews and proved to be a turning point in her career.
After her blockbuster film Pink, she gave nonstop hit films including Manmarziyaan, Badla, Mission Mangal, Thappad, Haseen Dilruba, and Shabaash Mithu among others.
Taapsee runs an event management company called The Wedding Factory which she manages along with her sister Shagun and friend Farah Parvaresh.
In 2018, she bought the badminton franchise Pune 7 Aces which plays in the Premier Badminton League.
In 2019, Taapsee raised awareness about children's health, and gender parity on Twitter with the hashtag #WhyTheGap. She has also served as the brand ambassador for Uber, Garnier, Nivea, Kurkure, and Women's Horlicks.
Awards and Accomplishments
Awards and Accomplishments
- Taapsee received the Santosham Film Awards for ‘Best Actress (Jury)’ for Mr. Perfect in 2012.
- She got the ‘Best Actor (Female) – Jury’ award at Jagran Film Festival for Pink in 2017.
- Taapsee was conferred with the ‘Woman of the Year’ award at the IIFA Awards 2017.
- She received the ‘Extraordinary Impact Award – Female’ at Zee Cine Awards for Naam Shabana in 2018.
- Taapsee won the ‘Excellence in Acting’ award for Manmarziyaan at GQ Style & Culture Awards 2019.
- She won ‘Best Actress (Critics)’ at 65th Filmfare Awards and 26th Screen Awards for Saand Ki Aankh in 2020.
- She also received the ‘Best Actress (Critics)’ at Zee Cine Awards for Badla in 2020.
- Taapsee was conferred with ‘Best Actress’ award at the 66th Filmfare Awards for Thappad in 2021.
- Taapsee was featured in Forbes India’s list of Celebrity 100 in 2018 and 2019.
- In 2017, she was featured in Forbes magazine’s 30 Under 30 list.
Why Taapsee Pannu ?
An actor whose choices are unique is a breath of fresh air, and whose performances eschew artificiality, Taapsee Pannu has always tried to present something new to the table every time she hits the silver screen. In a span of 15 years of her career, she has delivered some excellent performances in both South as well as Hindi cinema. Taapsee has never shied away from taking up challenging and unconventional roles, unique subjects as well as social issues. With her unique choices she has carved a niche for herself tearing the dominance of male-driven movies and proving her to be one of the finest actors we have today.